Lumigen ECL Plus (PS-3)
Lumigen® ECL Plus (PS-3) utilizes a unique technology for the chemiluminescent detection of HRP conjugates. The process, which provides superior sensitivity and ease of use, involves the enzymatic generation of acridinium esters. Reaction of the acridan substrate with an HRP label generates thousands of acridinium ester intermediates per minute which react with peroxide at alkaline pH to produce sustained high-intensity chemiluminescence.
Lumigen ECL Plus (PS-3) in Western Blot Applications
- Excellent sensitivity; less than 5 pg per band of transferrin can easily be detected.
- Sustained signal; criticality of timing is reduced. All bands down to 5 pg per band are easily detectable after 24 hours of incubation.
- Short exposures; exposures as short as 10 seconds are sufficient to detect 5 pg per band of human transferrin
Lumigen ECL Plus (PS-3) in Southern Blot Applications
- Excellent sensitivity; single copy genes can easily be detected.
- Sustained signal; produces a sustained emission for several hours.
- Short exposures; exposures as short as 10 minutes on x-ray film are sufficient to detect the single copy gene at a loading of 1.1 x 10-17 moles of DNA.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT