Proteospin Detergent Clean-Up Maxi Kit (4 Samples)
Detergents are extensively used to prepare protein samples. However, detergents must often be removed prior to downstream analysis because of their undesirable effects. These include extraneous peaks in mass spectrometry, artifacts with chromatography and electrophoresis, interference with microinjection into cells and interference with protein immunization.
The ProteoSpin ™ Detergent Clean-up Maxi Kit provides a fast and simple procedure for the effective removal of SDS, Triton ® X-100 and other detergents from protein samples. The kit employs spin-column chromatography using Norgen’s patented protein resin as an ion exchanger. Each column is capable of processing 0.25 – 8 mg of either acidic or basic protein.
ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Maxi Kit Benefits :
- Fast and easy processing – In contrast to longer dialysis procedures, this easy-to-use procedure allows processing of a number of samples in about 40 minutes.
- No detergent carryover – Unlike HPLC procedures, each sample is processed individually using its own spin column providing no carryover or column bleed from sample to sample.
- Useable with a variety of detergents – The kit can be used to remove detergents including SDS, Triton® X-100, CHAPS, NP-40, and Tween 20.
- Effective detergent removal – Removes more than 95% of detergents for many protein samples, allowing tryptic digestion without residual detergents that interfere with trypsin digestion.
- High recovery – Protein recoveries of up to 100% (using initial detergent concentrations of 0.1% and 1.0%) for many proteins.
- Mass Spectrometry
- Proteolytic Digestion
- Isolelectric Focusing
- X-ray crystallography
- NMR spectroscopy
ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Maxi Kit Contents :
Each ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Maxi Kit provides essential components for use with the provided protocols.
- Column Activation and Wash Buffer for Acidic Proteins
- pH Binding Buffer for Acidic Proteins
- Column Activation and Wash Buffer for Basic Proteins
- pH Binding Buffer for Basic Proteins
- Elution Buffer
- Maxi Spin Columns
- Elution Tubes
- Short Protocol Card
- Application Manual
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT