ProteoSpin Detergent Clean-Up Micro Kit
Detergents are extensively used to prepare protein samples. However, detergents must often be removed prior to downstream analysis because of their undesirable effects. These include extraneous peaks in mass spectrometry, artifacts with chromatography and electrophoresis, interference with microinjection into cells and interference with protein immunization.
The ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Micro Kit provides a fast and simple procedure for the effective removal of SDS, Triton® X-100 and other detergents from small samples of protein. The kit employs spin-column chromatography using Norgen’s patented protein resin as an ion exchanger. Each column is capable of processing up to 50 µg of either acidic or basic protein.
ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Kit Benefits :
- A complete kit for acidic and basic protein samples – The ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Micro Kit contains necessary solutions for processing small detergent-containing samples up to 50 µg of protein. Solutions for processing both acidic and basic proteins are included.
- No detergent carryover – Unlike HPLC procedures, each sample is processed individually using its own spin tube providing no carryover or column bleed from sample to sample.
- Useable with a variety of detergents – The kit can be used to remove detergents including SDS, Triton® X-100, CHAPS, NP-40, and Tween 20.
- Effective detergent removal – Removes more than 95% of detergents for many protein samples, allowing tryptic digestion.
- High recovery – Recoveries of up to 95% for many proteins.
- Fast processing time – In contrast to longer dialysis procedures, the easy-to-use procedure allows processing up to 12 samples in only 20 minutes.
- Mass Spectrometry
- Proteolytic Digestion
Capacity per spin tube is 50 µg.
ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Micro Kit Contents :
Each ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Micro Kit provides essential components for use with the provided protocols.
- Column activation and wash buffer for acidic proteins
- pH binding buffer for acidic proteins
- Column activation and wash buffer for basic proteins
- pH binding buffer for basic proteins
- Elution buffer
- ProteoSpin™ SiC micro spin columns
- Collection tubes (2 mL capacity)
- Final collection tubes (1.7 mL capacity)
- ProteoSpin™ Detergent Clean-up Micro Kit application manual
- Protocol reference card for both acidic and basic procedures
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT