Fungi/Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit
Norgen’s Fungi/Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit is designed for the rapid preparation of genomic DNA from viable yeast cells, fungal spores or mycelium and Gram-positive bacteria. Genomic DNA is efficiently extracted from the cells by a combination of heat treatment, detergents and the use of provided Bead Tubes. Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. The purified genomic DNA is fully digestible with all restriction enzymes tested, and is completely compatible with downstream applications such as PCR, Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP) and Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP) . Typical yields of genomic DNA will vary depending on the cell density of the yeast or fungal culture and species. The option of an additional lyticase treatment is also provided in order to allow for improved DNA yields for certain fungal and yeast species.
Fungi/Yeast DNA Isolation Kit Benefits :
- Isolate DNA from a wide range of samples – Genomic DNA can be isolated from viable yeast cells, fungal spores or mycelium and Gram-positive bacteria.
- No phenol :chloroform extractions – DNA is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform.
- Rapid and simple processing – Rapid bead-beating and spin-column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in 45 minutes.
- Isolate high quality DNA – Purified DNA is of the highest quality and can be used in a number of downstream applications including PCR, Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP) and Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP) .
Fungi/Yeast Genomic DNA Isolation Kit Applications :
- Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (RFLP)
- Amplified Fragment Length Polymorphism (AFLP)
Kit Specifications :
Column Binding Capacity 50ug
Maximum Column Loading Volume 600ul
Time to complete 10 purifications 45minutes
Average Yield :
Pichia sp. (yeast) 25ug
Batrytis cinerea 32ug
Fusarium sp. 42ug
Aspergillis niger 26ug
Penicillium sp. 40ug
Altemaria tenuissima 30ug
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT