PCR Decontamination Kit
Decontamination of master mixes without reduction of sensitivity has always been a challenge. Especially when minor amounts of DNA are targeted, contaminating DNA is a major problem. Any loss of sensitivity in the qPCR assay caused by the decontamination protocol is unacceptable.
The PCR Decontamination Kit removes contaminating DNA in PCR master mixes, without reduction of PCR sensitivity.
- The double-strand specific property of the dsDNase allows decontamination with primers and probe present.
- Efficient for end-point PCR and probe-based qPCR.
- Contaminating bacterial DNA is reduced to levels below detection limit.
- Fast and easy protocol.
- Mix primers and probes with the master mix and kit content
- Incubate 20 minutes at 37˚C
- Inactivate 20 minutes at 60˚C
- Add template and run qPCR
dsDNase is irreversibly inactivated at 60˚C in presence of DTT, ensuring that any template added after inactivation remains safe from digestion.
Protocol for removing contaminating DNA from 20 µl reactions but can be scaled up or down by adjusting the volume of the kit contents.
Kit Contents :
Storage Conditions : Store at -20˚C.
Sample Material : The kit can be used to reduce contaminating DNA in both ordinary PCRs and probe based qPCR mixes. Also efficient for some SYBR based qPCR mixes.
Quality Control : The kit is tested for absence of RNase.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT