ProteoSpin Inclusion Body Isolation Kit (20 Samples)
The ProteoSpin™ Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Micro Kit facilitates the screening of E. coli clones that express recombinant proteins in inclusion bodies. The kit includes reagents specially formulated to achieve rapid and high-quality purification of inclusion bodies using three processes:
- Lysis of bacterial cells to release inclusion
bodies in solid form
- Solubilization of purified inclusion bodies
- Purification of the recombinant protein using spin column chromatography
Downstream applications include SDS-PAGE analysis, refolding experiments, mass spectrometry, further purification and scale up.
The ProteoSpin™ Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Micro Kit employs spin-column chromatography using Norgen’s patented protein resin as an ion exchanger. Each spin column can isolate up to 50 µg of either acidic or basic protein from 1.5 mL of bacterial culture.
ProteoSpin Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Kit Benefits :
- Three kits in one for acidic and basic proteins – The kit provides essential reagents for cell disruption, inclusion body solubilization and purification using spin column chromatography. The kit includes solutions and protocols for use with either acidic or basic proteins.
- Gentle disruption procedure provides high purity final product – Cell lysis is accomplished through non-ionic detergent chemical disruption. The use of a needle and syringe reduces viscosity and facilitates purification, producing protein often >95% pure. Proteins are then ready for SDS-PAGE, 2D gels, mass spectrometry analysis or other procedures.
- Convenient process volume – Analyze 1.5 mL of microbial cell culture yielding 2–50 ug of protein.
- Long shelf life – The kit uses an enzyme-free process with stable solutions for longer shelf life.
- Fast process time – Process up to 12 samples in only 60 minutes.
- Mass Spectrometry
- Refolding Experiments
Capacity per spin tube is approximately 2-50µg and may vary depending on protein sample. The protocol was designed for use with 1.5 mL of bacterial cultures harvested at the end of the protein induction period.
ProteoSpin™ Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Micro Kit Contents :
Each ProteoSpin™ Inclusion Body Protein Isolation Micro Kit provides essential components for use with the provided protocols.
- Cell Lysis reagent
- Inclusion Body solubilization reagent
- Column activation and wash buffer for acidic proteins
- pH binding buffer for acidic proteins
- Column activation and wash buffer for basic proteins
- pH binding buffer for basic proteins
- Elution buffer
- ProteoSpin™ micro spin columns
- Collection tubes (2 mL capacity)
- Final collection tubes (1.7 mL capacity)
- Syringes (1 mL capacity)
- Needles (20 gauge)
- ProteoSpin™ Inclusion Body Isolation Micro Kit application manual
- Protocol reference card for both acidic and basic procedures
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT