ProteoSpin Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit
Urine protein analysis can be used for the identification of potential biomarkers in urine, and to diagnose and/or monitor renal and other diseases. Due to the fact that urine can be collected more readily and conveniently than blood, it provides an attractive alternative to blood plasma as a potential source of disease biomarkers.
The ProteoSpin ™ Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit provides a fast and simple procedure for concentrating dilute solutions of urine proteins from large volumes of urine. The kit employs spin-column chromatography using Norgen’s patented protein resin as an ion exchanger. Urine proteins will bind to the column, while non-specifically bound materials such as salts are easily removed from the sample. Each spin column is able to concentrate and desalt up to 4 mg of urine proteins.
ProteoSpin™ Urine Protein Concentration Maxi Kit Benefits :
- Fast and easy processing – Efficiently process 4 samples in approximately 45 minutes using an easy-to-use protocol.
- Complete kit– All columns and solutions required are provided.
- No molecular weight cutoff – Based on an ion exchange mechanism, a broad size range of proteins can be processed.
- Proteins bind while salts are discarded in flowthrough – Norgen’s resin has an inherent low affinity for salt, and high affinity for proteins – providing salt removal and protein concentration simultaneously.
- Suitable for downstream applications – Final elution suitable for SDS-PAGE, 2D gel electrophoresis, Whole protein mass spectrometry and Protein microarrays .
- 2D Gel Electrophoresis
- Whole Protein Mass Spectrometry
- Protein Microarrays
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT