STIM2 (CT) Antibody
In T lymphocytes, the sole pathway for Ca++ entry following antigen-receptor binding is through store-operated Ca++-release-activated Ca++ (CRAC) channels. These channels are made up of the pore-forming subunit ORAI1 and the stromal interaction molecule 1 (STIM1), a protein that functions as a Ca++ sensor and activates the CRAC channels, migrating to the plasma membrane from endoplasmic reticulum (ER)-like sites which act as the Ca++ store. A related molecule, STIM2, acts to inhibit the STIM1-mediated store-operated Ca++ entry, and can form complexes with STIM1, suggesting they may play a coordinated role in controlling Ca++ entry. At least three isoforms of STIM2 are known to exist. This STIM2 antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to STIM1.
STIM2 (CT), Stromal interaction molecule 2
STIM2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human STIM2.
Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality / Clone
This is a polyclonal antibody.
STIM2 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
STIM2 antibody can be used for detection of STIM2 by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 μg/ml.
E, WB, IHC
Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Cat.No. 4123P – STIM2 Peptide
STIM2 antibody can be stored at 4˚C, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Cat. No. 1288 – A20 Cell Lysate
- Cat. No. 1306 – Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
H, M, R
Protein GI Number
Protein Accession Number
(CT) an inhibitor of STIM1
This product belongs to the following categories:
- Polyclonal Antibodies
- Immunology Antibodies
- A-20 Cell Slide
(Catalog No. 17-208).
- A-20 Lysate
(Catalog No. 1288).
- ORAI1 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4041).
- ORAI2 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4111).
- ORAI3 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4215).
- ORAI3 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4117).
- Spleen Lysate
(Catalog No. 1306).
- Spleen Tissue Slide (Normal)
(Catalog No. 10-901).
- STIM1 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4119).
- STIM2 Antibody
(Catalog No. 4125).
- STIM2 Peptide
(Catalog No. 4123P).
- Luik RM and Lewis RS. New insights into the molecular mechanisms of store-operated Ca2+ signaling in T cells. Trends Mol. Med. 2007; 13:103-7.
- Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature 2006; 441:179-85.
- Zhang SL, Yu Y, Roos J, et al. STIM1 is a Ca2+ sensor that activates CRAC channels and migrates from the Ca2+ store to the plasma membrane. Nature 2005; 437:902-5.
- Spassova MA, Soboloff J, He L-P, et al. STIM1 has a plasma membrane role in the activation of store-operated Ca2+ channels. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2006; 103:4040-5.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT