Urine Bacteria DNA Isolation Kit
Norgen’s Urine Bacteria Genomic DNA Isolation Kit provides a rapid method for the isolation and purification of bacterial genomic DNA from 1 to 20 mL of urine. Bacterial genomic DNA can be isolated from both human urine samples and urine samples from animals in order to study the levels and types of bacteria that are present. The kit allows for the isolation of genomic DNA from both Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria, including E. coli , Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Serratia spp., Pseudomonas spp, Clostridial ssp. and Leptospirosis spp., as well as Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae . Typical yields of genomic DNA will vary depending on the urine sample and the bacterial species, if any, present in the urine. Healthy humans generally have < 10, 000 CFU of bacteria per mL of urine, and this kit is sufficiently sensitive to isolate and detect DNA from even this minimal amount of bacteria.
Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. The bacterial cells present in the urine are first pelleted through the use of centrifugation, and aresubsequently lysed. The lysate is then applied to a provided spin column and the genomic DNA is then bound to the resin and purified from all other cellular components. The purified genomic DNA is fully digestible with all restriction enzymes tested, and is completely compatible with PCR, quantitative PCR and Southern Blot analysis.
Urine Bacteria DNA Isolation Kit Benefits:
- Fast and easy processing – Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of 10 samples in 45 minutes.
- Isolate high quality DNA– No degradation of the genomic DNA isolated with the Urine Bacteria Genomic DNA Isolation Kit is observed.
- Isolate genomic DNA from all types of bacteria found in urine – Bacterial genomic DNA can be isolated from both gram negative and gram positive bacteria using the kit.
- High sensitivity – Isolate and detect bacterial DNA from as little as 1 mL of healthy human urine.
- Recovered genomic DNA is suitable for downstream applications – Purified genomic DNA can be used in a number of downstream applications including restriction enzyme digestions, PCR amplifications, quantitative PCR and Southern Blot analysis.
- Restriction Enzyme Digestions
- Quantitative PCR
- Southern Blot Analysis
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT