Urine Bacteria RNA Purification Kit
Norgen’s Urine Bacteria RNA Purification Kit is designed for the rapid preparation of bacterial RNA from urine samples. Bacterial RNA can be isolated from both human urine samples and urine samples from animals in order to study the levels and types of bacteria that are present, as well as to study the stage of bacterial pathogenesis through the use of RNA biomarkers. The kit allows for the isolation of genomic DNA from both Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria, including E. coli , Proteus spp., Klebsiella spp., Enterobacter spp., Serratia spp., Pseudomonas spp, Clostridial ssp. and Leptospirosis spp., as well as Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae . Purification is based on spin column chromatography using Norgen’s proprietary resin as the separation matrix. The kit preferentially purifies RNA from other cellular proteinaceous components, as well as from the contaminating species found in urine such as glucose and salts.
Urine Bacteria RNA Purification Kit – Benefits :
- Fast processing -Rapid spin-column format allows for the processing of multiple samples in 30 minutes.
- Isolate diversity of RNA species – All RNA species can be isolated, from large mRNA and ribosomal RNA down to microRNA and small interfering RNA.
- Isolate RNA from all types of bacteria found in urine -Bacterial RNA can be isolated from both Gram negative and Gram positive bacteria found in urine using the kit.
- No phenol:chloroform extractions – Urine bacterial RNA is isolated without the use of harmful chemicals such as phenol or chloroform.
- Recovered DNA is suitable for downstream applications – Purified DNA is fully compatible with PCR, quantitative PCR and Southern Blot analysis.
- Quantitative, real-time RT-PCR
- Northern blotting
- RNase protection and primer extension
- Expression array assays
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT